Bishop Deeley Welcomes Christmas Card Contest Winners and Families for Dinner and Special Gifts
December 11, 2017
PORTLAND---Bishop Robert P. Deeley welcomed the five winners of the Diocese of Portland’s Christmas Card Art Contest, conducted by the diocese’s Office of Development, to the diocesan offices in Portland on Friday, December 8 (winners, winning artwork, and captions available at www.portlanddiocese.org/content/bishop-deeley-welcomes-christmas-card-contest-winners-diocese).
The winners, joined by their families, enjoyed an Italian dinner with the bishop provided by Maria’s Restaurant in Portland. All Catholic school and faith formation students throughout the diocese were invited to participate in the contest. This month, the winners’ creations will appear on the Christmas cards that will be sent to 2017 Catholic Appeal donors.
The contest winners were:
- Tara O’Brien of Holy Spirit Parish in Wells,
- Claire McDonald of St. Bartholomew Parish in Cape Elizabeth,
- Alivia Kuntz of St. John’s Catholic School in Brunswick,
- William J. Maher of St. John’s Catholic School in Brunswick,
- and Chase Lappin of Holy Cross School in South Portland.
To thank them for their efforts, the bishop gave each winner a framed display of their artwork and a gift bag that included Jubilee Year of Mercy rosary beads as well as 20 Christmas cards featuring their respective artwork.